We’re a small, family run business. We don’t have any investors. This means we’re able to put our values before profits. As big believers of Karma, the way we impact the lives of the people we work with is our highest priority.
– We use fabrics and trims bought locally to the factory, which helps to reduce our carbon footprint.
– All our fabrics are OEKO-TEX certified, which means they were made without the use of harmful chemicals.
– From next season, we will be using fabrics that are produced using recycled yarns. These yarns are GRS-approved and are created from textile waste, fishnets and plastic waste.
– From next season, our cotton will be 100% organic, sourced from the BCI (Better Cotton Initiative).
– We will continue to source either recycled or natural and organic fabrics for the future. Our mission, by the end of 2021, is for 100% of our laces to be produced from recycled materials.
– All of our packaging is either made from 100% recycled materials or is fully compostable.
– We work on small production runs with a certified and independently audited factory in China. Our lovely production team make personal visits on a regular basis, keeping the relationship strong.
– Our factory rigorously follows the Ethical Trading Initiative, ensuring all social and environmental standards are met.
– The employees are 70% female, with roles ranging from machinist to senior management.
– All employees are employed on a permanent basis.
– The employment turnover for 2019 was an amazing 0%, reduced from 9% the year before.
– The factory employees are all paid at least the living wage, and higher, depending on skill set.