We are currently looking for a highly driven, commercial Finance and Operations Manager to join the team at our London office.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing the end-to-end finance, operations and merchandise planning elements of the business, as well being responsible for the design and implementation of efficient, scalable business processes as the company grows.
You will report directly to the Finance Director and you will be responsible for overseeing a Finance and Operations Coordinator and a Finance and Operations Assistant. An open and collaborative communication style is essential to success in the role
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, highly driven and enthusiastic. Ideas and creative input are required from every member of the team to ensure the sustained and successful growth of the brand. Your input will be highly visible on a day-to-day basis and has the potential to make a significant contribution to the successful operation, and growth, of the business.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about working in a start-up environment, which is fast paced, sometimes chaotic and constantly changing. Flexibility, adaptability and a can-do attitude are essential.
Dora Larsen is a start-up lingerie brand, founded by Georgia Larsen in 2016. As a former member of the lingerie buying team at Topshop, Georgia spotted a gap in the market for beautiful, comfort driven lingerie in innovative colour combinations and set out to build a brand offering just that. Georgia now runs the brand with husband Jake, who joined the brand full time in 2018. Jake’s background is in finance and is a chartered accountant, who qualified during his time as an audit and advisory professional at Deloitte, and subsequently gained commercial finance experience in his group financial planning and analysis role at Prudential plc.
- Ownership of the finance and operations team calendar and deadlines, ensuring timely completion of deliverables.
- Preparation and review of month-end journals and reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial records.
- Overseeing the year-end financial reporting process, preparing and reviewing reconciliations and ensuring completeness and accuracy of year-end numbers prior to providing to an external accountancy firm for statutory accounts and corporation tax return preparation.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, providing commercially relevant, high quality financial information to deliver insight to the company Directors.
- Overseeing credit control, ensuring timely collection of amounts owed, management of the deposit & pro-forma payments schedule, credit checks and monitoring of outstanding invoices,
- Accounts Payable process, including automation and implementation of processes.
- Preparation and review of quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation and review of financial planning and forecasting deliverables, including cash flow, sales plan and quarterly reforecasts.
- Ongoing process improvement to streamline financial accounting and reporting processes.
- Ensuring robust stock management and controls.
- Preparation and review of wholesale stock allocation calculation.
- Ongoing monitoring of cover and sell through figures.
- Preparation and review of direct to consumer “own buy” calculation.
- Overseeing weekly and monthly reporting on sales and returns trends to drive insight for buying strategy.
- Overseeing inbound and outbound logistics.
- HR operational support.
- Overseeing monitoring and requisition of ecommerce packaging stock.
- Continuous process improvement, identifying innovative business solutions to support and enable the growth and efficiency of the business.
The ideal candidate
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified, or similar, is desirable.
- 5+ years’ finance and/or operations experience.
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills.
- Fashion and/or retail industry experience.
- Commercially minded.
- Highly proficient Excel user.
- Excellent communicator, with experience communicating with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work in an agile manner; adaptable and flexible, and easily able to pivot approach due to unforeseen events or changes to the business horizon.
- Experience managing a team.
- Interest in the fashion and retail industry.
- Experience using Xero cloud accounting software, or similar.
- Experience working for a start-up.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.