LOGISTICS & OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Salary: £18-22k per annum dependent on experience
Dora Larsen is a start-up lingerie brand, founded in 2014. As a former member of the lingerie buying team at Topshop, the brand’s founder, Georgia Larsen, felt that there was a gap in the market for beautiful lingerie design using innovative colour combinations and set out to build a brand offering just that.
Georgia now runs the brand with husband Jake, who joined the brand full time in 2018. Whilst still in its infancy the brand has grown, and is continuing to grow fast. This is an exciting time to join the team and the role offers a varied and fast paced environment, with potential to have a big impact on the brand’s growth and the way the business is run.
We are looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic person with strong attention to detail and great organisation skills. The ideal candidate will be flexible, proactive and suited to working in a micro start-up environment.
- Liaise with our distribution centres to coordinate all aspects of stock and delivery management.
- Ensure full compliance with international customs procedures and processes, so that deliveries are timely and costs are minimised.
- Ensure compliance with wholesale customers’ delivery requirements.
- Ensure 3rd party providers’ stock management systems reconcile to in house systems and investigate any stock discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Upload wholesale orders to 3rd party logistic providers’ systems and communicate seasonal wholesale delivery schedules.
- Monitor wholesale delivery schedules and maintain regular communication with our 3rd party logistics providers.
- Implement appropriate stock and logistics controls and procedures as required to ensure an efficient and accurate logistics process.
- Any other ad-hoc logistics tasks as required
- Ensure employee files are complete and up to date
- Maintain HR policies and procedures, including supporting documentation
- Develop and maintain HR and performance management documentation
- Manage performance management calendar and process
- Manage employee benefits
- Completion of day-to-day ad-hoc HR admin and formalitiesGeneral operations
- Develop and maintain office filing and archiving systems
- Research and assist in implementation of systems and operational improvements
- Other ad-hoc admin and operational tasks as required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a logistics or operations relevant role
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly computer literate (Strong Excel ability essential)
- A logical problem solver
- Process focussed, with a strong initiative and desire to develop and put in place process improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active approach to work and priority management
- Desire to work in a start-up environment is essential